Murphy as a puppy.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

23 Things, Week 9 #23!!!

Some of my favorite discoveries were blogs, Flickr, Gizmo and You Tube. This exercise reminds me how quick our world changes and we need to keep in touch with the latest advances or be lost to alot of new things and technology. The surprises in this journey are when I tell my kids about technology they know nothing about - the surprised looks on their faces are priceless. I love it! Mom knows something they don't know.

Some things were a little user unfriendly. I got through the work, but for a number of items I don't really have a good understanding of what it was and how it could be used. At least this exercise cracked the door into a world I knew nothing about in many instances. It would have been great to have links, maybe on our intranet home page that could have gotten us to some of the basic sites that we used over and over. The lay-out was somewhat cumbersome - rather than going to 23 things and then finding 3 or 4 items to do under each of the 23 things, it would have been easier to list everything in one spot and calling it 100 things to do. There was alot of going back and forth to sites over and over.

Concerning another discovery program I would have to see what it was about and how much time it involved. I would rather see shorter projects and more mentoring. The younger staff have such a technological knowledge and ease of trying new things that many of the older staff grapple with.

I would call this experience interesting.

Murphy, you have been a very good boy to listen to all these ramblings about 23 Things!

2 comments:

Gail Griffith said...

It sounds like the program was a real mix of excitement and frustration for you--which, of course, is what learning is often about! I think you are right about there being mentoring opportunities, and I hope you will seek out mentors from among the staff as you continue exploring technology!

SBTVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.